A new compact bent axis motor from Danfoss also heralds the arrival of a new frame size, providing greater overall efficiency, higher rotating and acceleration speeds and integrated controls for better performance and reliability.
Enhancing the established Danfoss H1B bent axis motor family, the new H1B210 frame offers the same full option package as other H1B motors in the family but is intended for applications with high installed power, such as forwarders, harvesters, combines, crawlers and shredders. The new frame size also enables customers to utilise a cost-efficient drop-box transmission for high corner-power applications, including wheel loaders, dumpers and telehandlers.
“As a global supplier for mobile hydraulics, Danfoss Power Solutions is pleased to enhance the H1B bent axis motor family with the H1B210,” said Hans-Hermann Blöcker, product application engineer of high-power closed-circuit products at Danfoss Power Solutions. “The H1B210 demonstrates higher overall efficiency when compared to competitive products on the market and offers seamless serviceability given the integrated design of the H1B family. Our customers have already expressed great interest in H1B210 as they continuously work to develop highly efficient and robust machines.”
The H1B210 is available with DIN and SAE flange, and has a rated high-speed capability of 3850rpm at 20 per cent motor displacement, while maximum working pressure is given as 450 bar. The new frame also offers competitive shaft speeds, an integrated loop flushing device and an optional integrated speed sensor.
Danfoss sees a number of key benefits for this new frame size:
- Shared parts within the H1B product family and the external accessibility of the shaft seal allow for superior serviceability, while a common control interface for all H1B frame sizes simplifies motor conversion
- Zero-degree capability enables customers to develop software-based anti-slip control for multi-motor transmissions, resulting in reduced ground damage, increased traction control and improved machine controllability for the operator
- Large ratio (zero to 32 degrees) leads to higher overall efficiency, while improved efficiency reduces fuel consumption and supports emission legislations such as Tier 4 Final/Stage IV
- Two-edge spool design of the 3/2-way valve spool also increases efficiency due to low volumetric losses and reduces hysteresis for better controllability
- Strong synch joint is able to withstand high accelerations and decelerations, and a one-piece housing means fewer potential leak paths